Thursday, January 1, 2015

First post of the New Year! BBQ sauce!

I saw this linked in FB and was so excited; I've been searching for a good BBQ sauce recipe! I used some of my homemade Adobo Sauce in it (instead of the Chili powder) and YUM!

BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup tomato paste, not sauce
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
(I used my adobo sauce here--I used about a tablespoon of it--maybe 2)
1 heaping tablespoon yellow wet mustard
(I might do slightly less next time.)
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2-3 tablespoons unsulphured regular molasses
1/2-1 tablespoon smoked paprika (I added this 'cause it's my favorite spice at the moment.)


It was excellent. Believe it or not, I love BBQ sauce on Broccoli. It's what I ate for breakfast. (Seriously.) Look for recipes playing around with BBQ sauce in the next year.

Thank you Vegan 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment