Monday, January 12, 2015

Peanut Butter Granola aka dangerous stuff

I've been making granola recently with maple syrup, water, and cinnamon and it's good, but I decided that making it with Peanut Butter would be even better!

I found that Minimalist Baker had already created a recipe.  I diverged a little... I left the oil out 'cause PB has a lot of fat.

This is what I did and YUM!

Ingredients
3 cups of oats
14 cup flax (I used ground, and I prefer ground, but could be seeds)
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon of salt


Mix 3 cups oats, the flax, and the salt. Melt the PB (30 seconds in the microwave) and stir the maple syrup in to the PB and microwave together for another 15 to 30 seconds. Pour the PB and maple syrup mixture on to the dry mixture and stir really well.

Spread evenly on a baking sheet (mine was lined with a silicone baking sheet).


Bake at 275-300 for 30 minutes. I try to stir every ten minutes.
When your granola cools, add dark chocolate chips (no dairy), if you want. The first time I made this granola I added chocolate chips. This time, I'm not going to do it. My husband might add chocolate chips to his share, but I'm going to try to stay pure. (I could NOT be trusted to not eat the whole recipe in one sitting if I added chocolate chips. That would be BAD.)

Try not to eat it all in one sitting.  If you do, here's what you'll get:

It's more reasonable to divide it into 7 servings that are 1/2 cup.  (I measured my granola out and only got 7 servings, not 8.)  Here's what you'll get:


Gratuitous shot... about 4 servings worth in this cereal bowl.



No comments:

Post a Comment