Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Mashed potatoes and gravy

We made these the other night.  The changes I made:

We used garbanzo & fava bean flour instead of rice flour (I had no rice flour and didn't want to buy it. I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about rice because of arsenic. A post about that someday!)

I added some cauliflower to the potatoes.

http://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/mashed-potatoes-and-gravy/

We liked them. The gravy was especially good. One thing, I think we don't "love" mashed potatoes as we had a some mashed potatoes leftover and they didn't get eaten.

I would make them for Thanksgiving or a holiday celebration when there are more folks eating, or I'd make a smaller quantity for us.  OH! Next time, I could fry up the left overs.  My Dad used to do that for me when I was a kid and I LOVED that. Next time!

A photo taken in bad lighting with the iPhone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment