Saturday, January 24, 2015

Peppermint Chocolate Brownies (no bake)

These are so easy!  And so very good!

I found this blog over the holiday break and when I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it!

http://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/12/21/no-bake-peppermint-brownies/

And now I can't stop typing exclamation points!

2 cups pecans
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup of dates (I soak sometimes and sometimes I just add a little water to the mix)
1/4 cup cacoa* powder
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)

Food process the pecans and chocolate chips.  Add the dates, cacoa powder, salt and peppermint.  Process until smooth. Spread the brownies into a pan lined with parchment paper. Chill and then serve.  (I always stick mine in the freezer for 10-15 minutes 'cause I can never wait for them to chill in the refrigerator.)

Bad picture below.  We had a whole 8x8 pan filled and this is all that is left a few hours later (teaspoon included for scale). I'm happy I have 3 growing girls to keep me from eating these all by myself! 


*I use cacoa (raw) when I make no-bake goodies.  I use cocoa (processed) when I make baked brownies and baked chocolate goodies. I do think both the no-bake and the baked taste better with the raw or cooked respectively.  

No comments:

Post a Comment