Monday, December 3, 2012

Scrambling

Sunday we were scrambling to get done everything! We woke up late (sleeping in is nice!), but then I was a little overwhelmed. We still managed to do pretty much everything on my list of things to do including put of the Christmas tree, make cookies, and make a yummy dinner! 

As I said, we scrambled all day--right through dinner!

Those aren't eggs! 
 

What I used:

2 boxes firm tofu
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp tumeric
3/4 tsp sea salt
1 clove garlic, minced (could be more if you like garlic)
3 roma tomatoes, diced
1 bag of organic spinach leaves
a little olive oil in the pan

Here's what you do:  Press the tofu as best you can to drain.  I only had two plates for pressing.  (I'm totally thinking about adding a tofu press to my Christmas list!) Mix in the curry and tumeric spices (careful, they can stain) until it is the uniform color of scrambled eggs!  (Note, I used my RED spatula for stirring in a glass bowl to avoid staining.)  Set aside.  Saute garlic, then add the tofu, then tomatoes and finally spinach. Make sure everything is cooked the way you like it before you add the spinach.  Add a sprinkle of black pepper if you like. 

Two of the three girls liked this.  Kira ate it without the tomatoes and spinach, and Nat ate it with the tomatoes and a little spinach.  They both liked it on toast like an egg sandwich.  Tia tried it, but didn't love it.

The inspiration for this recipe, and almost all of the ingredients and instructions came from:
http://emilysegal.blogspot.com/2009/12/day-18-sand-yoga-babies.html
Next time I make it, I'll play around with adding more and different veggies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment