Saturday, December 22, 2012

Bark

This was our adventure last night. Note, this is really not healthy in any way, but it is vegan.

Kira, Natalie, and I made this last night. I like Peppermint bark, but I can do without the white chocolate, and I wanted to make sure we had a vegan version so we crushed candy canes and melted dark chocolate chips.

We learned that despite the fact that candy canes break easily when you don't want them to break, they are HARD to crush into little bits. Next time, we're going to stick them in my very powerful VitaMix blender.

I didn't measure. We crushed about 12 or so largish candy canes and melted ~8-10 ounces of chocolate chips. We mixed the two ingredients together, spread thin on waxed paper, and refrigerated. (I had more of both ingredients on hand if the ratio didn't look right, but really, you can't go wrong with peppermint candy and chocolate.) When it was cool, we broke it up into smaller pieces. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment