Saturday, September 28, 2013

Plant-based

I don't call myself a vegan even though it's been years since I ate an animal product. I also try really hard not to buy leather, wool, or silk clothes, furniture, carpet, etc. I still have the leather things I bought before going plant-based, but when they are worn, I won't buy more animal-based products.* Now, since we've just moved, I've been trying to buy new furniture and rugs that are plant-based, but it's hard. I have a feeling it's going to take a long while to find a couch I like for our (completely empty except for the boxes we haven't unpacked) living room.

But! I've just found a jute rug I love!  It's here. We got the sangria-colored one. It's now making a corner of the upper hall more cozy! It's very soft. I was worried that it would be sort of rough. I got this jute one, too, but it's not nearly as soft. It'll work fine in the hallway, but it can't go in our bedroom as I'd hoped. Though I can't say how these rugs will wear, since I've only had them for a couple of days, I will say that the initial quality of them seems good.

I'm going to document the furniture / rug finds I come across on this blog 'cause it's hard to find good stuff that's plant-based and I think it falls under a "green" category.




*I have an exception. I will buy leather dance shoes 'cause there isn't a synthetic alternative for tap that is as good as the leather ones. (I'm not a great dancer, but I'm "okay" and the shoes do matter. As soon as there's an alternative that works, I'll be switch.)

No comments:

Post a Comment