Friday, March 6, 2015

OMG it's March

I only posted once in February. Whoa. I'm sure I made more new things than just the breakfast cookies. Oh, I know! We went skiing. We stayed in a condo so we could cook and not eat out that much. I was going to tell you about that and document (for myself and you if you want to know) what works (and doesn't work) for next time.

We had 3 nights in the condo.

One of the Amazing Greens canisters. The kitchen at the condo had a blender (the wimpiest blender you've ever seen), but I was able to blend soy milk, the powder, ice, and a banana. The girls drank this every night. We didn't finish the whole canister. Next time, I'll order the single serving packets for short trips.

I took spices (a little jar of the salt, cumin, and garlic) to make pinto beans. We had 5 cans; next time, I'll just buy 4 cans (for 3 nights).

We bought whole grain pasta and a jar of organic pasta sauce.
Lots of bread (my girls and husband love the stuff. I don't.)
Chocolate covered almonds.
1 bag frozen Kale and 1 of frozen broccoli.  Next time, maybe just one bag total, or two smaller bags.
Pre-made hummus from whole foods (2 kinds--Kira and I ate them both! I'm not sure if any one helped us.)
Pita chips (1 bag, but don't buy a HUGE one next time.)
One 16 ounce tub of fresh salsa

A jar of PB.  Sadly, this was the biggest fail and we didn't eat much of it at all.  Next time, get individual serving packs.

A jar of honey. We used it up! I made hot soy milk with honey drinks for the girls. I bought 5 boxes of soy milk and we really only needed 3-4.

We bought lots of other chips and snacks, and we ended up bringing home a few bags on the plane.

This summer, we have a trip planned to France and England and I'll post about what I plan (and then actually do) to keep my vegans fed on that trip. (If you have any suggestions, let me know!)



More cookie recipes coming soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment