Sunday, March 29, 2015

Curry Burgers

I found these and they inspired these:

 
(not  pretty, but VERY tasty!) 

2 tablespoons of Chia Seeds (ground)
6 tablespoons water
make Chia eggs set aside for a minute



1 big carrot
1 cup oats
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 tablespoon curry
1/2 teaspoon tumeric
1 teaspoon cumin
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon salt (use less salt if your beans are already salted)

2  (15 ounce) cans of unsalted garbanzo beans

Put the carrot in the food processor and process until small chunks. Add the oats, and all the spices.  Process to the textutre you like.

Add the drained garbanzo beans. Process. My food processor had a hard time with all the mixture so I had to pull out 1/2 of the carrots/oats and do 1/2 at a time.

Form into patties. I made 12.5.

Bake at 350 in a convection oven if you have it, or regular if you don't. I baked each side for 15 minutes.


We love these buns for our burgers.

Our Sunday night dinner with some leftovers.  (I <3 leftovers.)

Here are the Nutrition facts.  I don't know why this got an A-.







No comments:

Post a Comment