Saturday, March 21, 2015

Carmel Apples!

So it's not exactly the season for carmel apples... I will be so READY this fall!

2 cups pitted and packed medjool dates (I used 22 dates)
2 tablespoons earth balance butter
1 tbsp creamy cashew butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp sea salt
1/4 to 1/2 cup water (makes it smoother)

Place all the ingredients except the water in the food processor.  (Maybe soften your vegan butter a little.) Process away.  If you want a creamy carmel, add water.  I added probably 1/3 a cup, but I didn't measure.  Add water (a tablespoons at a time) until you get the desired texture.  I wanted a "dippable" carmel.

We spread it on apple slices. Then we ran out and put it on graham crackers. It is so good.  Hint: quit eating before you feel ill.  Next time I make it, I'll take a picture.  Tonight we all (all 5 + a kid here on a play date) were standing around the food processor fighting over the knife to spread it on our apples.  Seriously YUMMY.


No comments:

Post a Comment