Sunday, July 27, 2014

Apricot crisp



I should have blogged about this when we did it back in June; however, I was so busy that I could barely see straight. Alas, I'll have to reconstruct what I did from my poor memory.

I wanted more of a "crispy crisp" than I was making a crisp with this crisp recipe

I decided the granola recipe I made, without the cocoa, would be perfect.

3 cups rolled oats
1/2 ground flax
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup maple syrup
5 tablespoons water (more if needed)
2 tsp  vanilla extract

I am pretty sure that I didn't put 3 cups of oats on that little pan of crisp, but rather that I mixed it up, put what I needed on the apricots and then baked the rest and ate it by itself. (I'm guessing cutting the recipe in 1/2 would make a great amount for the crisp.)

I don't remember how long I baked it--probably 20-25 minutes for the apricots at 350. I probably put foil over the top for a little bit so that it didn't get too crisp (aka burnt). It was good!

Bonus: If you're looking for a fun no-oil granola recipe, I recommend the one above.

No comments:

Post a Comment