Saturday, August 17, 2013

Apples! Crisp!

Also, from the trees... We love the fruit trees in our new backyard.
We picked these...
And then we cut them up...
Poured a little maple syrup on the apples (2-3 Tablespoons for a whole big pan)...
Made the crisp recipe from here or below:

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup flax
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1/3 cup maple syrup
1-2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons canola oil (optional)*
1/2 cup walnuts ground into a flour**
1/4-1/2 cup water

And it turned into this!


I think we've managed to make 4-5 crisps from our first apple tree.
We need to get a ladder and harvest the top.
The next apple tree is almost ready to give us apples!


Tip: if you fill your pan up with apples, you may want to bake them for a while before you put the crisp topping on so that it doesn't get too crispy. The last time we made this, we used fewer apples, so it cooked faster. The crisp was nice and soft.  (I liked it, but maybe I liked it because it was different.)



*I don't use oil any more.
**I added this to the most recent crisp I made, and liked the addition of a little fat and a little more flavor.  



No comments:

Post a Comment