Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A new recipe

School started and I'm starting back to work, too.  I always forget how much there is to do at the start of school.  Of course, I don't have time to sit and surf the web, but I am doing it. I just found this awesome recipe at Forks over Knives.

 I'm a sucker for chocolate and pumpkin and I can't wait to make these.  The recipe looks excellently not sweet!  The only change I might make is to pull out a little of the oat flour and exchange it for flax (like do 1.5 cups oat flour and 1/2 cup flax).  I'll report back when I get these made.  (I kind of want to make muffins RIGHT now, but it's 10:30 pm and I have to get up kind of early in the morning.  School... Gah.) 

(Here's the recipe copy and pasted, you know, in case the Internet ever goes down or something.) 
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Serves 6-12

1 medium banana, mashed
1 (15-oz.) can sweet pumpkin puree
1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups whole oat flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 cup grain-sweetened dairy-free chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, combine mashed banana, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.

2. In a small bowl, combine oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Transfer mixture to large bowl and mix together gently until well combined. Avoid over-mixing to prevent toughness in the final product. Fold in chocolate chips.

3. Spoon batter into silicon muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are lightly browned. Remove muffins from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Store muffins in an airtight container.

*Recipe derived from Julieanna Hever’s Blueberry Oat Breakfast Muffins in Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health, edited by Gene Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment