Sunday, May 5, 2019

Um, Hi...

I still blog here.

Really.

Last weekend, we went to one of our favorite restaurants and they had an almond ricotta with asparagus dish... So good!

Tonight I made a veggie bake and decided I needed to make some almond ricotta to go in it.

I can't take credit for the recipe--it's really simple and DELICIOUS.

Thanks, Minimalist Baker!

What I did...

1 whole bag of blanched almonds from Whole Foods.  It says 2 and 1/2 cups, but  I measured right at 2 cups
 ~1 cup  of water
~ 1/16th teaspoon garlic powder
 ~2 tablespoons of lemon juice
~1 tablespoon nutritional yeast

Blend

YUM.

We put cooked penne, our homemade pasta sauce, some vegan sausage, cauliflower, kale, broccoli, and the ricotta... Baked @ 350 for 45-50 minutes. YUM!  (I can't decide if I want to add red pepper flakes or not.)

(I used frozen, but stuck the cauliflower in with the pasta to unfreeze it.. should have done something with the broccoli, but it turned out okay just sticking it in frozen.)

So full! 

I tried to take a picture of the pasta bake, but it came out really odd looking in the night time lighting.... Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment