Monday, February 15, 2016

Vegan, oven-broiled s'mores

Happy February!

Last year, I had the problem of being too busy with my birthday, work, and getting ready to go skiing to blog. I made only one post last year in February. I'm hoping to at least DOUBLE my number for this month this year.

 Here's post number one for the month... It's a good one!

The girls love marshmallows. We're vegan but thank goodness, there's a lovely vegan option! As we went shopping for food for the ski trip they found some at the store an we bought them.  I got creative and made them oven-broiled s'mores.

I put 9 graham crackers in the pan (just 1/2) and poured a few chocolate chips on them (probably would be easier with chocolate bars, but I didn't have any) and one marshmallow on each.

I put them in the oven on bake for a few minutes (I don't know how long).  I just watched them and poked at them with my finger. 

 
When they seemed somewhat soft,  I took them out of them oven and put some more chocolate on top.


 
Then I got serious about the broiler.
 
A few minutes later (watching them closely) they looked like this.  I plan to repeat the experiment and let them get a little more brown the next time.
 
The girls loved them.  I enjoyed one, but it was a little sweet for me.  I'll make them again for the girls... Maybe when they have friends over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment