Friday, November 28, 2014

Vegan Thanksgiving

We celebrated at home with just us.  I made:

Vegan Mashed Potatoes
Yukon gold potatoes (4)
Garlic (2-3 cloves)
Cashew Cream (about 1/3 of a cup)
Salt
Pepper
A little soy milk
A little earth balance 
(I could probably make runnier cashew cream and omit the soy if I wanted to.)

I had never MADE mashed potatoes before so I just LEARNED that you need to make them RIGHT before eating so they are nice and hot.  I had to heat them up in the microwave. They were still yummy.

Creamy Cauliflower Soup
(I made it with Cashew Cream)

A big green salad
Romaine
Tomatoes
Cucumber

Red Pepper Spread (with Sourdough)

Pumpkin Pie
I made the filling from this recipe and just used a store bought vegan crust for one of the pies and plain chocolate chips as the crust for the other recipe (it falls apart, but it is YUMMY!). (The crustless pie is topped with Rice Whip.)


What a yummy day!  We'll do another celebration with friends on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment