Sunday, November 3, 2013

More burgers

I've been meaning to make these burgers for a while. Hummus is my second daughter's favorite food and I figured she'd love these burgers. She did!  I simplified the recipe a little.  Here's what I did. 


2-3 large garlic cloves
1/8 cup dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 14.5 ounce cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained-reserving some of the liquid
1 cup rolled oats
2-3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp salt (or not)
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
 
Put everything but the oats in the food processor and pulse or process until mixed to the texture you like. We like things smooth around here (see second daughter for more on why). 
 
Add oats and mix them in.
 
Form patties--we made about 10.

I baked at 350 for about 20 minutes each side, but they were still a little moist. I'm going to try making them in my scanpan next time.  

Flavor is nice!  Everyone liked it.  Kira, daughter #2, really liked them!

Verdict: we'll make these again!

Picture... see other site.  

Biggest difference between what we did and the original recipe: We left out the cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment