Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Chocolate Fever...

Inspired by this yummy treat, I threw almond milk (~3 cups), 2 bananas, 2 tablespoons of raw cocoa, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, some chocolate chips ~1/4 a cup and a lot of ice into our blender.... 

Yum... I should have taken a picture.  Next time we make it, I will--trust me, there will be a next time.  The girls decided that we should call this drink "Chocolate fever."  Kira has a fever (and so do I), and it was yummy.  She felt better after drinking it.  I just feel tired.  This cold is NO fun. 

Oh, next time, I'll probably make it, then pour 1/2 out for Tia and Nat and then add a tablespoon or so of PB for Kira and me.

Note, when making stuff in a blender, it's very easy to guess and not be too precise in measuring.  I just kind of "eyeball it" and see if it looks like the right texture. If it's too thick, I add more liquid.  Usually, it's not thick enough.  I usually add ice in that case.  (You could add another banana if you wanted, but it might turn too banana-y.) I added the chocolate chips at the last minute 'cause it seemed to need a little more chocolate and I thought it would give it a nicer texture.  Have fun with your blender!  It's hard to go wrong!  

No comments:

Post a Comment