Monday, September 24, 2012

&*@#$ !!!

Darn it!

I wrote a GREAT post last night (brilliant, even) and blogger ate it.  Seriously.  HOW ANNOYING.

I know what happened, but I can't believe blogger was so stupid.  I had two windows open with the post in it.  I finished it in one, changed the title, and published it.  Then,  I found the other window that was nearly blank with only the start if the post in it.  It still had the OLD title.  I closed it.  I must have hit save.

Even though I hit save, I can't believe the one with the new title (that was published) was wiped out by the old post with the old title when I saved it.  GRRRR!  But the new post I wrote is no where to be found.  It's not published and it's not in my drafts.  Blogger ate it.  It must have been because it was a post with a tasty soup recipe in it.  You can't really blame blogger, can you?

Sigh.

Now I have to do it again and it won't be nearly so brilliant.

So what'd I tell you in the other post?  I told you about the fun cooking weekend I had! I made 2 versions of these bars I'll have to tell you about the strawberry version I made (later) 'cause they are scrumptious!

I also (FINALLY) had a chance to make these pumpkin and chocolate chip muffins! I actually got to make them on Monday and then again on Saturday. You know you like a recipe if you make it twice in one week. The girls give them two thumbs up! I love it when I find something all of them will eat! Muffins are so nice as a quick breakfast. A quick healthy breakfast makes mornings so much easier!

 I did change the recipe slightly the second time I made it. I added flax and removed 1/2 a cup of the oatmeal flour. I also only added 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.  Below are the nutrition facts for the new version of the recipe (below) with the serving size being one muffin.




Here's the new recipe:

1 medium banana, mashed
1 (15-oz.) can Pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1.5 cups Whole Grain Oat Flour
1/2 cup Flax Seed Meal
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 cup Organic Dark Chocolate Chips
4 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup

If you decrease the maple syrup to 2 tablespoons, you get only 7 grams of sugar in each muffin.  I think they are sweet enough with only 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, but I don't like the taste of sweet.

If you want pictures, go take a look at the forks over knives site and scroll down until you see very cute muffins!  I'll try to remember to take a picture before we devour the muffins next time I make them!

Okay, this isn't the brilliant post I wrote last night about veggie soup, but I'm stopping here for now.  I'll share the recipe for the soup I made last night in another post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment