Saturday, September 22, 2012

Not green

These aren't green, but they are oh so good. I am now a huge fan of goji berries. They have an interesting flavor that I can't describe and aren't too sweet. (Many fruits are too sweet for me, especially dried fruit.) Goji berries seem to be easy to find and they are easy to take with you when you're on the go as a snack. I'm going to create a category on this blog called "snack-y goodness" that will contain my favorite foods for travel and "on the go" life.

I can't find really good web sites on goji berries, but everything I read says they are super good for you and a lot of the sites tell the story of Li Qing Yuen, who "lived to the age of 252 years" (1678-1930). The legend goes that he ate Goji berries every day. I don't know if they'll help me live to be 252 years, but I think they are tasty and probably not bad for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment