Sunday, June 17, 2012

Here's a recipe I found a few years back that I love... (and need to make soon)

One thing I keep telling you, and it's true, I can't follow recipes. Part of the reason is that I don't always have the ingredients. In this case, I didn't have or the tools for the job.  I lacked the thing that spirals zucchini.  Lacking the right tools didn't stop me... I just chopped up the zucchini.  It turned out fine!  I also greatly reduced the oil.  This salad is raw vegan, based on this recipe, and it was yum.  (Yum is the term I use for recipes I really like.)

Ingredients:

chopped broccoli (4 small heads)
zucchini (2)
red pepper (1)
Carrots if you like them.  (I'm usually too lazy to chop up the carrots, so I just eat them dipped in the dressing.)

For the dressing:
3 tablespoons tamari (soy sauce)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
Juice of 1 and 1/2 lemons
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
2 pinches black pepper
2 Tablespoons of olive oil (original recipe was a lot more, but it works and is good with as little as 2 tablespoons)

Let the veggies soak in the dressing at least 8 hours before eating.  As the veggies soak, the acidic lemon sort of "cooks" them and softens them. 

You can eat the veggies plain as a salad or over brown rice (or quinoa, or whatever your favorite grain is).  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment