Saturday, April 4, 2015

Garden Chipotle Quinoa

I don't make enough dishes with quinoa. There's this one and it's pretty good. But I usually make Mexican Casserole with Quinoa as I like it better. Everytime I make that Mexican Casserole, I wonder why I don't make it more often.

Tonight, I wanted to make something a little different and I played around with the one-pot quinoa wonder recipe (the first recipe linked above) and came up with Garden Chipotle Quinoa. It's awesome. I heart Garden Chipotle Quinoa.

You may remember the the homemade adobo sauce recipe--if you don't go read; I used the sauce in the quinoa dish and WE LOVED this quinoa dish!  OMG! Weeeeeee!

The dish came about because I had carrots and fava beans from our winter garden and I wanted to use them. I diced up:

carrots (2-3)
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
then added
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
2 teaspoons cumin
1 can of black beans
2 cups of veggie broth
1 can of diced tomatoes
1.5 blocks of my adobo sauce (that was frozen)

All this went in a big skillet... it's probably a 14-inch very deep skillet. After it all had cooked for about 15 minutes I added:

1 cup of quinoa
1.5 cups frozen corn
fava beans (~1 cup--I don't know, we just picked some for fun today and I wanted to see what they were like.  I didn't measure)

At the very end of the cooking (for about the last 5 minutes) I put in a little kale from the garden (next time I'll add more).



 
(You can see the fava beans and a little kale; the carrots are hard to see.)

Yum! I have decided that the adobo sauce, quinoa, and whatever vegetable is in season in the garden will go into this dish; that is why we will (forever) call it Garden Chipotle Quinoa.

(I ate too much! I am stuffed.)


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment