Monday, April 13, 2015

Baked breaded tofu!

I just learned about Hummusapien's blog. Awesome!  I was looking for a new idea for dinner and found her recipe for "Tofu Fingers." I've been wanting to try something new, and I had some tofu to use up, win-win!

I followed her recipe pretty closely... I'll put my version below, but give full credit to her for thinking of such a fun dinner!  Also, go look at hers for the pretty pictures!

1 pound extra firm tofu (I actually used this and didn't drain or press it since it is so water-free)
1/4 cup soy milk (you dip the tofu in this before you put it in the breading)

For the breading
1/4 cup almond meal (made it in the vita mix)
1/4 cup oat flour (made it in the vita mix)
1/4 cup corn meal
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons smoked paprika (I LOVE THIS STUFF)
1 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
(note, you can put the spices in with different proportions--this is how we liked it)

Mix all the ingredients for the breading. Cut the tofu, dip the cut tofu into the soy milk (or almond milk), then dip into the breading. Place carefully on a baking pan lined with a silicone liner or parchment paper.

Bake at 425 for 20 minutes, flip and bake for 15 more.  Dip in your favorite dipping sauce!  (Next time I'll make some home made BBQ sauce!)



Here they are all breaded and about to go into the oven.
 
I forgot to take one after they were cooked 'cause we ate them so quickly--next time! (All 5 of us liked it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment