Sunday, July 26, 2015

From my peachy friend and for her, too

My bestest colleague (and boss) has a blog and on her blog she has a cake recipe that is soooooo good.

It was just her birthday and she had a party, so I made the cake so we could continue to celebrate her birthday.

I'll have to get pictures of the cake--I forgot to take any and we ate most of it.

I will make it again!  It is my NEW favorite cake.  Way, way back, we used to eat chocolate cake from a bakery (p.o.), and it was my favorite chocolate cake.  This recipe, is as good as that cake ever was, and it's not nearly as bad for you!

When I was making the cake, I made homemade almond milk. (I don't like buying almond milk, 'cause it always has carrageenan in it.) Not worth blogging about making almond milk (1/4 cup almonds per one cup of water and BLEND in your high powered blender), really, except that I strained it with my pour over drip coffee maker and it's reusable stainless steel filter (like this filter).

SOOOOO much easier than using a milk nut bag.  I had to keep scooping out the ground almond goop of the filter, and the goop was more moist than if it had been strained with a milk nut bag ('cause I could have squeezed it); however, I hate cleaning the bags.  The clean up on this coffee filter baby was to bang it on the container where I scooped the goop into and then rinse it and stick in the dishwasher!  Ah, so nice!


I do have a lot of very moist almond goop in my refrigerator, so I'll be baking stuff to use it up!  (It will freeze and last if I can't use it up in the next day or so.)  (I'll freeze it in about 1/4 cup size amounts so I can more easily use it in recipes.) Today, I stuck in about a quarter cup of it in some lovely zucchini bread.  (Post about the zucchinis in our garden coming soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment