Wednesday, June 17, 2015

It's Summer: Chocolate "fudgesicles"

Or it's nearly, officially, summer!

I love summer!

I love the laid back, no-school thing.  I love school and learning, but by the time summer gets here we all need a break.

Okay, on to the important business, I've been meaning to post this recipe for a couple years.  This winter, I found these great molds and asked for them for Christmas.  

http://www.amazon.com/FoodWorks-Silicone-Maker-Molds-Popsicle/dp/B00D9HQ30W

What I did:

2 packs of tofu (I used this brand)
1/2 cup cocoa
5/8-3/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon arrowroot starch flour
1/4-1/2 cup peanut butter (I didn't really measure) (Next time I'm going to make some cashew cream and use it.) (Note, we made this with almond butter and it tasted like dark chocolate!)

Blend until mixed and smooth.  Pour into silicone molds and freeze. After frozen, run the molds under hot water for a minute. (Or leave out for 10 minutes or so... like any one has the patience to do that.)

I like the molds 'cause the popsicle/fudgesicle comes out much easier 'cause you can squeeze them up!  The molds make BIG popsicles.  If you have little kids, you might want to get smaller molds.  (Not sure if they are smaller ones, but I think there are.)

You can also use dark chocolate chips (vegan) if you want, instead of the cocoa.

Here's the nutrition facts on these wonderful treats!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment