Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Forks Over Knives

http://www.forksoverknives.com/my-journey-from-doctor-to-ms-patient-and-back-thanks-to-plant-based-eating/

I love this story. It's always so amazing to me that people don't see how there is a connection between what they eat and their health.

Food can alter the expressions of genes; the study of the modification of the expression of genes is called epigenetics. When you eat plants, they often "turn off" bad genes. Eating plants can help with inflammation, obesity, insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular diseases, neurodegenerative diseases, and immune diseases.

I've never really spoken about why I went plant-based, but you may have guessed that it was because of health reasons. I honestly believe I'd be a sick, medicine-taking person if I weren't plant-based.  Plants are so amazing.  I love Forks over Knives for what it tries to do for people. I wish people would give diet a try before taking medicines. Plants are usually more effective (maybe not as fast acting as a drug, but more effective in the long run) and pretty much always safer.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment