Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Dixie Pie Bites

When I was in high school, I worked at this restaurant and they made pies. One of their pies was called Dixie Pie. It was mighty tasty. It was walnuts, chocolate chips, with a pecan pie filling… I loved that pie.  

I found a recipe for raw "pecan pie" bites and decided to mix it up a little and make "Dixie Pie Bites."


Ingredients


1.5 cups, packed, pitted dates (Make sure there are no pits! Tonight's pitted dates had 3 pits in them! We always cut them to double check.)
3/4 cup pecans
3/4 cup walnuts
1/2 -1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 -1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Instructions

Place all ingredients in a food processor.
Mix until it forms a dough.
Remove and roll into balls.
Store in the fridge.
Make 10-12 balls.

Or, if you're feeling lazy pour all the "dough" on a wax paper sheet and roll it into a thin layer. Cut into small squares. 

I think Dixie Pie has rum in it, so these don't quite mimic the pie, but they are super tasty.  I love them, probably as much as I used to love the pie, so I shall name them Dixie Pie Bites in honor of that (unhealthy) pie.


Lazy way...

Little bites

No comments:

Post a Comment