Monday, November 26, 2012

Roasted veggies

I've always loved roasted veggies, and I used to make roasted cauliflower and broccoli sometimes, but then I got out of the habit.  We visited a friend and she made some for us for dinner.  She reminded me how easy and delicious roasted veggies are.

 

Cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts, and asparagus in a little olive oil and salt waiting for their turn in the oven.  I tried to go fairly sparingly on the oil, but this is not a low-fat dish!  It's very tasty, and great for the holidays.  I need to keep this on my list for special occasions.
 
 
 Here I am checking on the veggies.  I broiled them for about 10 minutes without checking and then checked every few minutes until 20-25 minutes.  Super easy, just make sure they don't burn.

(Note, I did pull the rack out sometimes--not sure why I was sticking my arm in the oven this time.) 

I didn't get an "after" the oven picture of the veggies; I was too busy eating the yummy roasted veggies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment