Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hardly any sugar Peanut Butter Cookies

The recipe below isn't the one I've been working on that I mentioned here--I'm still working on it.  I hope to finalize the new one and share it this week. The recipe below is adapted from the PB cookie recipe on the "My Vegan Cookbook" site and mostly changed to make these less sugary.

My girls like them and it's great to have cookies that I don't mind giving them.  These cookies are SUPER easy to make; they don't even require getting out a mixer.

1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 Cup PB2
2/3 Cup Ground Flax Seed
1/4 Cup Oat Bran (or you can grind up some oat meal in a food processor or just use oats)
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Banana mashed up
1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
1/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter

Note, for chocolate-y deliciousness, add 1/4-1/2 cup of dark (vegan) chocolate chip. Peanut Butter and Chocolate are my two favorite foods so I combine them whenever I can. If you want slightly sweeter cookies / bars, add a little more maple syrup or brown sugar.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix all the ingredients well. (You will really need to work at getting the ingredients mixed well by hand.)

Make balls of about 1 tablespoon size and mash them down some with a fork. They are VERY sticky during this phase, so don't expect criss-cross patterns to show on top!

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly golden. After they are baked, let them cool for 10 minutes. They will be soft out of the oven and crisp up as they cool.


Here are the nutrition facts for cookies (without the chocolate chips) if you make 12 cookies.  I like to make the cookies in the shape of granola bars and use them as pre-workout treats.


1 comment:

  1. Glypride 4 Tablet contains Glimepiride, which is a diabetes medicine. It is utilized for Type 2 diabetes mellitus when diet and exercise have not had the option to control your blood glucose levels.

    ReplyDelete