Friday, December 18, 2015

Quinoa Kick

I made my Garden Chipotle Quinoa because I found a pack of my frozen fava beans that we stored (probably when that picture was taken).  The Garden Chipolte also had some of the zucchini we grew this summer 'cause I froze it, too.  (And, since we're discussing all that I have frozen from my garden, over break, I'll probably make apricot cookies with apricots that we froze, but I'm too lazy to go find a picture.)

Okay, I digress.  The Quinoa was super yummy!  Over break I'll have to make more adobo sauce.  I've run out.  I'm still digressing.  I just found this recipe: http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2013/08/cumin-infused-vegetables-and-chickpeas-over-quinoa.html

I plan to make it soon; however, I'll make it as a one-pot wonder.  Here's what I plan to do.

(All of the following into a saute pan)
a bag or two of frozen cauliflower florets2 15-oz. can chick-peas, rinsed and drained
2 16-oz can diced tomatoes (fire-roasted preferred), with their juice
2 cups of zucchini (mine will be grated and frozen from my garden from earlier this year)
1 onion (diced)
2 cloves diced garlic
1 teaspoon tumeric
1 tablespoon cumin
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
plus enough broth to cook all this for about 10-12 minutes so that all the veggies are nice and soft.


Then, I'll add a couple of cups of quinoa and 4 cups of veggie broth to this mixture (being cooked in my VERY large 14 inch saute pan) and I'll cook for another 15-20 minutes.

I'm so excited!  (I always seem to cook quinoa with Chipotle, I need a new set of flavors and these look yummy!)   I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment