Sunday, August 25, 2019

Perfect timing: Zucchini

It's been a while... remember me?  This year has been rough on the cooking and blogging front over here.  I'm working on it.

Today was a fun cooking day!  I found https://dreenaburton.com/zucchini-fritters/ and made them!  I had a HUGE zucchini and I needed inspiration.  Fritters were perfect! I played around with the spice.  I don't have dill so I stuck in garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and chili flakes.  Yum.  I will try dill someday.  (Um, I might be a little scared of it.)

I was a little worried about the garbanzo bean flour and the need for cooking fully.  I've used garbanzo bean flour before, and I've always made sure to cook very well.

It felt like it was hard to get these fritters to cook because there was so much moisture in the zucchini. I couldn't tell if it was gooey under cooked or gooey moist.  I ended up using my sacred scanpan and then sticking the fritters in the oven on convection for a while.  Maybe I needed more flour?  Not sure.  (I have an idea for next time; I'll report back.)

Note: I must have cooked them enough because we ate a lot and everyone is okay.  (I had 10 cups of shredded zucchini and now only a few fritters left.)

I also made a roasted zucchini hummus.  Same as the raw recipe, just roast for an hour or so, (don't peel). Earlier this summer, I roasted two zucchinis and then froze them.  I hoped that they would be okay in hummus.  Today, I learned they were!  (Whew!  Good to know.)

I'm now making spaghetti sauce.  Nat wants to make a baked pasta so I made a LOT.  I might get to pictures.  Oh! Last night, we made vegan sushi. I'm trying to get back into the cooking mode. 

This summer, we spent a lot of time on the east coast, far away from my kitchen.  While we ate at some fabulous places that were vegan or vegan-friendly, I feel very out of the groove of cooking.  I'll have to make a list. I won't bee able to do much more than a list because I didn't get many pictures.

What else?  I could talk about working out.  I never slowed down on the dancing so tap still feels good.  I'll have to devote a post to that sometime soon, but don't feel like it now so I'll say, that's it for now.  More soon, if possible, or in 3 months (on Holiday break) if it gets crazy!


No comments:

Post a Comment