Saturday, November 10, 2018

New recipe in November

Where has this year gone???

I'm getting more writing done at work, but not here.  I guess I only have so much writing in me at any given point.

I found this recipe and I knew I needed to modify it! It sounded so yummy, but I always substitute some other non-dairy milk for coconut milk, usually cashew milk and indeed, that's what I did here.  I also changed out the lentils for garbanzo beans. I used frozen veggies because I didn't have fresh and didn't feel like a store run. And I didn't have the kind of curry that she had so I googled to see what all went into it and improvised. 

I mostly measured my spices... Or at least I did at first.  If I added more, I'm not sure how much so I put a range on those spices that I increased as I was cooking.

Oh She Glows called this a Butternut and Cauliflower Curry. That's a pretty good description.  We'll stick with that.  It's a winner!  New dinner!

Super easy dinner.  I threw everything into the pot and cooked it for 45-ish minutes. 
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups water, 1/2 cup cashews, blended into cashew milk
1 can (28-ounces) diced tomatoes, with juices
1 bag frozen cauliflower
1 -2 carrots 
1 bag frozen butternut squash
1 can (29-ounces) garbanzo beans
1-2 tablespoons curry powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 -2 teaspoons garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon ginger
1/4-1/2 teaspoon coriander
1-3 teaspoons chili powder
juice of 1/2 lemon

2 cups frozen broccoli (put in after everything cooks for 15 -20 minutes) -- this could be kale if you prefer.

Look, a bad picture.  I'll get a better one at some point.  Serve with sourdough bread, rice, quinoa, or just eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment