Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sort of Socca

I call this sort of socca because we fry it instead of baking it.  

1 cup chickpea flour
1 cup water
3/4 teaspoon sea salt

spice with:
cumin
garlic or garlic powder
onion powder
chili powder or cayenne (optional)

Also needed olive oi.

I mix up the chickpea flour, water, salt, and desired spices and then let sit for a little bit of time (1/2 hour is good).

I make this into little pancakes in my cast iron pan with as little olive oil as I can manage.  The pan definitely needs to be coated well, and you need to keep adding it as you cook, but you don't need to deep fry.  (Although, I have used a lot of oil and it is good.)  I tend to make the pancakes somewhat small--about 1/4 cup of the batter at a time.

(Depending on how much oil you use, you might want to put these on paper towels to let cool so you can get rid of some of the oil.)


Yum!

Serve with sauteed onion and kale (or your choice of greens).

(This is comfort food, hence the "not healthy" label.)


No comments:

Post a Comment