Friday, May 3, 2013

My new favorite chocolate

 
(Potential new favorite chocolate bar)

We try to eat pretty healthy around here, but we do love our chocolate. The vegans here all eat dark chocolate (of course), and the others usually eat dark. I used to have a favorite chocolate, but they stopped making it. They still market a chocolate under the same name, but it's not the same formula and it's not nearly as good. The picture below shows the old packaging and the old formula inside.  I did love that chocolate. Alas. It's taken me a few years and lots of sampling to find something else I like (see photo above). I stuck with the process as I had faith that someday I would find love again. (Heh.)

I've now sampled a little over a serving size of the new chocolate (see above) and I love it. From the very first little square I ate, I was intrigued. One thing, I dislike it when there is too much vanilla in a chocolate bar. The new bar, the Madecasse 80%, doesn't have any vanilla.

Here's a review from a NYT's blog of it; here's a link to the company who makes the bar.  Former peace corps members started the company to try to do more for Madagascar.  I'm going to be reading more about the company and their products. P.S., we'll do some serious tasting, soon!  Note, I was in no way compensated for this review and I bought the chocolate myself. 



Old favorite that isn't made anymore 













No comments:

Post a Comment