Saturday, May 5, 2012

Born to stroll

I'm kind of a zealot when it comes to exercise, but you don't have to be to get benefits. New research shows just how important it is to move and do something. Check out this new book by Gretchen Reynolds and take a walk!

On a related note, I've been reading about treadmill desks. (Just google treadmill desks for more information.) My husband and I are talking about getting / making one. I do a LOT of sitting and reading for my work, so it would be great to read and walk. When things are busy at work, I sometimes sit for 3-4 hours at a time--not good. Even if I just stood and walked really slowly while I read, it would be better for me. (Even if I just stood for 1/2 the time and sat for 1/2 the time it would be better for me.) I do work out (a lot), but I think it would be better for me to move a little more.

Color me intrigued by the treadmill desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment